Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Model 19 HF driver

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    [QUOTE= BTW, they manufacture 802's for a bit more. I wanted the tangerine phase plug, so I went with the 902's.

    [/QUOTE]


    So you saying bill and crew are making new production 802's now, or did I read this statement wrong?? interesting...

    Also my 802's have tangerine plugs in them, why wouldn't the new 802's not have them?


    -chris

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    Yes they make 802's. Sorry I don't know about the tangerines. You might call them; they are most friendly on the phone.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    Quote Originally Posted by sba2 View Post
    I removed the sectoral fins from my 511 because they were producing a delayed ring. Sort of a difficult, messy, and very loud job though (it took about three hours with a sawzall & grinder). For home hifi, I really liked the improvement.

    Years ago I had one of my apprentices remove the fins from a 511 (he used a plasma cutter, grinder and flapper wheels) and I didn't hear a damned bit of difference. Nor did my pals.

    I don't hear any difference removing bug screens either.

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brennan View Post
    Years ago I had one of my apprentices remove the fins from a 511 (he used a plasma cutter, grinder and flapper wheels) and I didn't hear a damned bit of difference. Nor did my pals.

    I don't hear any difference removing bug screens either.
    I'll never mention it again.

    Ron

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    Quote Originally Posted by les winter View Post
    Yes they make 802's. Sorry I don't know about the tangerines. You might call them; they are most friendly on the phone.
    I have my 604's that I want new cones/phrams, also need some new ones for my 802's... I will give Bill a call and ask him about the new 802's. I just thought that them making new 802's would be a big deal, & would drive the cost of the old ones down, and that I would have heard about it a time ago. Must be a new thing then, good on GPA......

    Even at the site, http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/hf_drivers.html , there is no mention of a 802 in production, but the others are listed........


    Todd, you know of something coming out on the horizon from Bill & crew @ GPA?


    Sorry for taking the post kinda OT......


    -chris

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sba2's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2009
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 HF driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brennan View Post

    Years ago I had one of my apprentices remove the fins from a 511 (he used a plasma cutter, grinder and flapper wheels) and I didn't hear a damned bit of difference. Nor did my pals.
    I was perhaps overly sensitive to the delayed ringing coming from the fins, and was glad to be rid of it.

    It’s good to hear that for some it's a non issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.